Bay Area BYCers!

Lol just chicken soup with a head of purple cabbage in it. My dad made it by accident one time...but its really yummy with lots of Tapatio and tortilla chips....sweat out a cold.

Quote:
I usually order Indian food, with lots of spicy curries.
smile.png

Have you tried taking Elderberry? It typically helps me a lot when I'm fighting a cold.

Yes I did, my dads the sick on now...thus the soup. I love indian food but not many others in my house do. I'm also having a huge sushi craving....But if you like chicken soup throw some purple cabbage in it...it's awesome. I would eat Menudo...but don't feel like stinking the house up lol.

It really is. All it is:

1 whole chicken

about 4-6 carrots cut into pieces

onion

celery

water

salt and pepper to taste.

let it cook on low for a few hours until chicken is cooked through

about an hour before you add the whole cabbage, I cut it into quarters or half

you can also add gold potatoes cubed if you'd like, and noodles....my mom is hungarian so she makes home made egg noodles from time to time.

Garnish with Hot sauce ( tapatio) and then I crunch up tortilla chips and add some shredded cheese....sooooooooooo good.

Quote:
Yes Jeremy..........If I neglected to thank you,...........................Thank you.!!!!! That was so thoughtful of you.
The juveniles are doing fine & will be moved to bigger quarters today when my son gets up.

Karen are you still keeping/breeding your black minorcas? I mentioned at the party, but don't know if you heard that an old-timer contacted me about the mille fleur leghorns and some cool things he is doing and after chatting for quite a while he brings up his WHITE minorcas. He has a nice flock of whites that apparently very rare. Only a handful in the country of this quality. He's sending me hatching eggs, do you know about the whites?

Quote:
I will have to give that a try........ I make soups regularly & just made Portuguese soup yesterday. I make Chicken rice most frequently. It is so quick & easy & almost everyone loves it.
I will be using my chickens for the soup shortly because we are planning a processing day to get some of these loose chickens in the freezer. I have just been waiting to get some freezer space so have been trying to use up some of what I have stuffed in there. A whole beef takes up ALOT of freezer space & I have been trying use some up & to give away soup bones to make room.

Quote:
I do still plan to keep my Black Minorcas. I heard you talking about the the White ones, but as you know I am supposedly cutting back on breed/varieties..............LOL. BCMs & Wheaton Marans will probably always be with me. I think the only pure white chickens I will keep are the White Rocks. The White mutant Marans I think are going to go. The egg color needs work and you probably already know I don't normally take on long term projects.......I wonder if that has anything to do with my age?????.....LOL I really want to get down to 12 or maybe 14 breed/varieties & the list shifts almost daily....LOL

Back
Top Bottom