Bay Area BYCers!

Quote:
Sarah, do you have White Crested Chocolate (Dun) Polish?

Nope, I have wc blue, wc black, cuckoo and buff laced. If I remember correctly the breeder of my original pair (cuckoo and wc blue) said I could get some chocolates but have not so far.

mycutekitties,
How good to have a nest box project to work on while your dwarf eggs hatch. I sure hope you can post some pictures of them - just how small are dwarf chicks? Are they much smaller than a Japanesse bantam? Are these the Olandsk Dwarfs from Greenfire? I'm just crazy for bantam chickens. Are the eggs super tiny? So many questions I know, but I'm just so curious.

Quote:
The eggs are the size of silkie eggs. I think out of the 2 that made it only 1 will hatch. The other had a huge air sack and I didn't see any movement. I have one with a small pip but it hasn't made much progress. None of the isabars have piped and only 2 of the marans have piped. Out of all the eggs I got from green fire I really wanted the dawarfs to hatch. I would love to breed them. We will see
smile.png

Quote:
I thought the pink eggs were girls, and the blue eggs were boys.

Ya know!!!!!!!!!

My pink eggs do hatch out more as pullets. Unfortunately my blue eggs are usually crowers.

OMG I might be into the wrong breeds.

Quote:
The eggs are the size of silkie eggs. I think out of the 2 that made it only 1 will hatch. The other had a huge air sack and I didn't see any movement. I have one with a small pip but it hasn't made much progress. None of the isabars have piped and only 2 of the marans have piped. Out of all the eggs I got from green fire I really wanted the dawarfs to hatch. I would love to breed them. We will see
smile.png

Maybe the airsack is tight and it can't move and will make it. OK I know, but I'm hoping for you.

Ya know, you don't want those nasty ole huge Marans. They wouldn't fit in over at your place with all those cute little birds.

Oh hey! I have Marans! you could probably toss them over the fence and I wouldn't even notice!
wink.png

Oh my, I would love for you to breed them too! Being in a city I can't keep a rooster, so I have to vicariously support breeding projects and rare breeds. I'm pretty new to chickens - I loved raising chicks I have now - and it's just fasinating to see how the chicks grow up to adults. Thanks for posting the pics of your lovley polish too.

Quote:
smile.png

Maybe the airsack is tight and it can't move and will make it. OK I know, but I'm hoping for you.

Ya know, you don't want those nasty ole huge Marans. They wouldn't fit in over at your place with all those cute little birds.

Oh hey! I have Marans! you could probably toss them over the fence and I wouldn't even notice!
wink.png

Lol! I think I will keep them just for their beautiful dark brown eggs. Update on the hatching: one of the dwarf eggs hatched and the 2 marans are making great progress! I just don't know what's up with all the other eggs. I dry incubate and get about a 95% hatch rate. I'm worried about why the others have not piped yet.

Back
Top Bottom