Bay Area BYCers!

Anyone in the south bay or surrounding area that is somewhat close would like a Lavender Ameraucana cockerel? I am over my limit on male birds. Plus my ratio of rooster to hens is to many. I have 2 Lav. Ameraucana cockerels that I'd like to re-home. Asked hubby to kill them and he won't do it so need to re-home them. Would like to get $12 each for them. One is 9mos old the other 5 1/2 months. Just so you know these birds are not show quality as they do have some faults for showing. But they would be good for your backyard flock. If your interested in them please email me at [email protected]. Don't PM me here as I don't check the PM's to often.

This is the 9mo old.

This is the 5 1/2 mo old. Pic was taken when he was about 4 mo. so doesn't look very rooish here. But I assure he is.

I am so sorry to have missed the Stockton event, but I did move FOUR ROOS into new homes on Saturday!!! Now I am almost legal in Oakland ;) I hope you all had fun and success.

Jeremy and other East Bay-ers, let's set up a coffee meet. I'd be happy to meet just about anywhere, or even host (we can drink coffee sitting with my alpacas or watching Chicken TV...). Anyone interested? It would be fun to meet face-to-face...I'd love to get some advise and support of my habit (which does not seem to be abating whatsoever - up to 3 incubators, 5 brooders, 2 coops and two runs...yes, I have a problem).

Shout back!

Yes, yes, let's do coffee somewhere!
big_smile.png
I'm free most weekends, my weekends being Saturday afternoon, Sunday and Monday.

I'm always up to talk chicken, and support others in their growing habits... he he he.

I would LOVE to come and see your alpacas, too!

Hi folks,

Does anyone have an Amaraucana and an olive egger (or just two Ameraucanas laying eggs that are very distinct from one another) you're looking to sell?

I'm chicken obsessed and living in San Mateo where I can't have roosters. Ideally the new birds would be something my daughter could show with 4-H next year (unless there's an OE, of course.

I bought my daughter a couple of banties at the Stockton show to be her showmanship birds next year, and my dominant bird is having a hissie fit. I'd like to get the flock settled in, so would like to add the new birds soon.

Hi folks,
Does anyone have an Amaraucana and an olive egger (or just two Ameraucanas laying eggs that are very distinct from one another) you're looking to sell?
I'm chicken obsessed and living in San Mateo where I can't have roosters. Ideally the new birds would be something my daughter could show with 4-H next year (unless there's an OE, of course.
I bought my daughter a couple of banties at the Stockton show to be her showmanship birds next year, and my dominant bird is having a hissie fit. I'd like to get the flock settled in, so would like to add the new birds soon.

Hi Angela!
frow.gif

Did i buy anything....no I didn't but my mom did bring home a little Quail D'anver home...he was in the show...he's cute his name is nacho.

I didn't buy anything either Melina! I can hardly believe it.
lol.png

I did see some birds that I would like to have though, so I'll probably be hatching Blue Wheaten OEGBs and LF Buff Laced Polish this year.

I did bring home some eggs that are now in the incubator... those don't really count though, right?

You guys won't believe what happened yesterday. I was hauling King feed bags to the back of the breeder pens and as I'm walking back out, I notice dead on the ground my 2nd jubilee rooster.

I must have swung the pen door on him, neck broken. I cried, gawd was he gorgeous. I'm so thankful I have my main rooster left.

As I was mourning outside the pen, he at least gave me hope, as he mounted 2 of the girls
hit.gif

I called Karen and I'm sending him to her, he'll make the most magnificent earrings - I just couldn't stand for him to go to waste :(

Last edited:
You guys won't believe what happened yesterday. I was hauling King feed bags to the back of the breeder pens and as I'm walking back out, I notice dead on the ground my 2nd jubilee rooster.

I must have swung the pen door on him, neck broken. I cried, gawd was he gorgeous. I'm so thankful I have my main rooster left.

As I was mourning outside the pen, he at least gave me hope, as he mounted 2 of the girls
hit.gif

I called Karen and I'm sending him to her, he'll make the most magnificent earrings - I just couldn't stand for him to go to waste :(

Cheryl, how sad! Big hugs!

I didn't buy anything either Melina! I can hardly believe it.
lol.png

I did see some birds that I would like to have though, so I'll probably be hatching Blue Wheaten OEGBs and LF Buff Laced Polish this year.

I did bring home some eggs that are now in the incubator... those don't really count though, right?

Yay for us and willpower!! And no the eggs don't count like I always said to my husband...they might not hatch lol.

Back
Top Bottom