Bay Area BYCers!

Hi,

Check out the LORE site--Many of the Cities are there:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/310268/chicken-lore-project-find-submit-local-chicken-laws-ordinances

Good House Hunting
smile.png

>>>>>>>>
The Law database is not working correctly. Nifty chickens is working on it(well having someone work on it?)

Here is an alternate link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/3/Laws

Ron

Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I wanted to get the words from the local folks...
big_smile.png

We are looking to move from the Peninsula to the East Bay. We have chickens, so it's important to me to find a chicken-friendly area with a good school district. As you know, it's hard to find the rules for some towns. We are hoping for Lafayette/Moraga, but also looking at San Ramon, Alamo, Danville and Castro Valley. From what I have heard for Lafayette...4 chickens, 1/2 acre minimum lot. Anyone know how accurate that is? What about the other towns?

Thanks so much in advance!!

thumbsup.gif

If you PM me with your email I can send you the ordinance for lafayette

Just wanted to bring up the idea of a chick order again... was there anyone in the Bay Area interested in ordering day old chicks from Duane Urch with me?
smile.png

Does anyone know what the rules are about chicken ownership in Orinda? I know others with them so I assume we're not doing anything we shouldn't.

I posted a link to the laws thread on BYC in post 1791. This is what is says for Orinda:

17.3.8 Keeping small animals such as chickens, rabbits and mink is permitted on residential lots of twenty thousand (20,000) net square feet or more. Keeping exotic animals is subject to obtaining a use permit under Chapter 17.31. Keeping domestic animals is a permitted use on properties zoned for residential use. 17.4.23 Chicken coops, rabbit hutches, and similar accessory structures provided for the housing of small animals shall be set back not less than sixty (60) feet from the front property line or any street line, and shall be not less than forty (40) feet from any side or rear property line; barns, stables and other buildings or structures used to shelter large animals shall be set back not less than one hundred (100) feet from the front property line or any street line and shall not be less than fifty (50) feet from any side or rear property line; fenced pasture, paddocks or other enclosed livestock areas shall not be located nearer than seventy-five (75) feet from the front property line or any street and shall not be less than twenty-five (25) feet from any side or rear property line.

Back
Top Bottom