Bay Area BYCers!

Karen, I'm interested in the class, too, and willing to chip in to cover costs.
smile.png

My mom always said be careful what you wish for....I have been waiting for one of my girls to go broody. The last two days I have 4 - count them 4 broody bitches! Why you ask - because we will be leaving on vacation on 17 days!!!! 3 got dunked for 2 days and are sitting in broody jail -and loudly very unhappy about it. The last one, well she is just so cute she won me over. My favorite little D'anver girl is sitting on 4 D'anver eggs and 3 frizzle Cochin eggs....the frizzle was fertilized by the D'anver boy too...they might be a little silly looking! I'm sad they will be hatching while I am gone but glad mama is gonna do all the work. I will snap a picture of her later....it amazes me how big and fluffy she can make herself to cover the eggs.

Last edited:
I got feed @ Western Farm on Friday, then failed
he.gif
to get back Saturday for the dealer day. If I find out what happened & when the next shipment is due I'll post it here.

YIppee...Broodies are heading north, I see. First Jeremy, now Maureen... thanks for sending the vibes my way!
National Broody Weather Forecast for Healdsburg, CA: Tomorrow: Lightly broody with a broody wind at 10-12 mph. Chance of frosty, hard-pecking broody for Wednesday. (see below under "devil broody"). Thursday has broody peeking through the clouds...

This will be devil broody...someday!

HI Everyone! I just spent two days catching up on about 40 pages of posts! I've had that horrible "crud" and then time got away from me and then....I realized I wasn't being notified of thread updates..... oiy! Sounds like everyone is having fun, I was sorry to hear about Cheryl and Jeremys' losses....and Kim, good luck on your surgery and best wishes for a speedy recovery! So, I wandered into Concord feed over the weekend and there they were....cute fuzzy little babies..
ep.gif
... chicken fever hit hard and now I need to dececide what I want.....Easter Egger for colored eggs.... Maybe a lavender orp for another? And a jubilee orp and ahhhhhhh too many to choose from!!!
hu.gif

HI Everyone! I just spent two days catching up on about 40 pages of posts! I've had that horrible "crud" and then time got away from me and then....I realized I wasn't being notified of thread updates..... oiy! Sounds like everyone is having fun, I was sorry to hear about Cheryl and Jeremys' losses....and Kim, good luck on your surgery and best wishes for a speedy recovery! So, I wandered into Concord feed over the weekend and there they were....cute fuzzy little babies..
ep.gif
... chicken fever hit hard and now I need to dececide what I want.....Easter Egger for colored eggs.... Maybe a lavender orp for another? And a jubilee orp and ahhhhhhh too many to choose from!!!
hu.gif

You need a couple of EEs and OEs. I have some hatched out and I'm always incubating, so let me know if you ever want any.

The hospital called a while ago. Did my registration over the phone, so this is more promising than the last 2 appointments I had to get this done. Looks like tomorrow is finally the day. Also means another
6-8 weeks I guess to have to use one hand. ugh

That's what happened to me too - came home with a black and a white silkie from Concord Feed.

ep.gif
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom