Bay Area BYCers!

Steph,
Thinking positive vibes for Violetta. Great that you are on vacation(?) so you can give her the needed attention.
love.gif

Cheryl,
You'll make a great chicken vet!
highfive.gif

Jeremy, Will you be starting a new thread for this summer's meet up? The CA State Expo will be done in July for any one who's going and/or showing if you are looking for calendar days. The Sonoma Co. Fair is usually in late July, the Marin Co. Fair is over the 4th of July weekend.

Just stopping by to say hello. We've had our chicks two weeks. They're sprouting tails, and are exploring their world.

Jeremy, Will you be starting a new thread for this summer's meet up? The CA State Expo will be done in July for any one who's going and/or showing if you are looking for calendar days. The Sonoma Co. Fair is usually in late July, the Marin Co. Fair is over the 4th of July weekend.

Daphne, I'll start a thread as we get deeper into the planning stages.

It sounds like July is a busy month, maybe August then?

We've tried growing avocado here too... didn't work. The slightest frost over winter just killed the young trees.

Our citrus trees are thriving though!

Yikers! Too much work puts me WAY behind on my chicken chatting! Uhmmm... Jeremy, why do you ask HOW MANY? When my husband asks, I always reply, "Why do you want to know?" (Better yet, "Do you really want to know?")
big_smile.png

I have 26 that I kept....Guess how many are FEMALE, based on auto-sexing and feather& tail feather sexing (not that I'm great at it, but still...) Not to mention that at 10 days some have COMBS. SEVEN. GIRLS. How does this happen??? My odds suck!

Your gal below is very pretty!

Dawn

That also reminds me, Dawn, how many babies have you hatched? Bunches I hope?
fl.gif

I don't have anything chick related to share, I only have babies growing out from my hatches at the very beginning of the year but I do have a new addition to our little farm. This is Prudence my Blue Partridge Orpington.

On the avocados, many varieties are too tender for our climate. But, there are a few that are hardy down to 20 degrees. DSO has an avocado tree in his yard that doesn't bear fruit, but has survived many, many frosts. (His needs a cross-pollinator.) The nurseryman in Moraga who sold me one of his trees says, yes, it can be done, especially up here in Martinez. My fingers are crossed. I looooove avocados.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom