BBS Ameraucana Gender help - 14weeks

Males, and they're not BBS.
What makes you say that? More correctly, they are black and really dark blue with lacing genes.

Maybe it's juvenile molt but the feathers looks really ragged atm, like their shafting. At 14 weeks, there is still lots of growing to do but pullet tails generally doesn't squirrel high like that for Ameraucanas.

What makes you say that? More correctly, they are black and really dark blue with lacing genes.

Maybe it's juvenile molt but the feathers looks really ragged atm, like their shafting. At 14 weeks, there is still lots of growing to do but pullet tails generally doesn't squirrel high like that for Ameraucanas.
They look ragged because of awful weather and a wet and muddy run and coop. I cleaned it that day - first real day of sun with no snow or flooding in weeks.
:(
they look much better today!

I purchased them from a respected bbs breeder and picked them up in person, met the very separated flock they were sired by. They are most definitely two blue and two black bbs :)
No, they’re not.
The blues are barred. So their color is NOT bbs.

I’m going to pipe in and say I think they are all boys as well unfortunately! But breeder quality seem to mature much slower. I didn’t know my boys were boys until late November early December and they were born July 2nd. The faster maturing one didn’t crow until after Thanksgiving. I’m sorry all are boys!

Back
Top Bottom