BBS breeding and dilute / white splash

Pics
It has been here as well! We had snow last Saturday, huge flakes for about an hour, no weather stations had predicted it. Then it's been raining off and on and windy. Not good outdoor weather. Yesterday evening was nice though and we let two groups of chickens out. They usually go different directions, but of course last night they wanted to meet in the middle and all the pullets wanted to fight Chonkers my little satin rooster. No major fights, but little spats. I had to keep trying to redirect them back to their usual hang out areas.

Yeah, we've been on a real roller coaster with temperatures here. Frigid cold, then mild, then frigid cold again. Sun, then rain off and on turning to snow when it's cold, then back to sun. Wind, then still, then wind again. It's crazy! Glad your birds were able to enjoy some outdoors time despite the weather, even if they did get a bit snippy with one another. 🤭

I'll be setting Chonkers and Fizz Bang eggs tomorrow morning! More "test" hatching to see what colors we get, I'd like to keep a few pullets from them and I'll sell the rest. I'm still waiting on a Chonkers chocolate 😁 both chicks from the last hatch are black and white paints.

Exciting!! :pop Those first babies at least confirm that Chonkers is not khaki if they're black paints, as a khaki parent cannot make black offspring. I hope we start seeing some Chonkers chocolate soon! 😁

Yeah, we've been on a real roller coaster with temperatures here. Frigid cold, then mild, then frigid cold again. Sun, then rain off and on turning to snow when it's cold, then back to sun. Wind, then still, then wind again. It's crazy! Glad your birds were able to enjoy some outdoors time despite the weather, even if they did get a bit snippy with one another. 🤭

Exciting!! :pop Those first babies at least confirm that Chonkers is not khaki if they're black paints, as a khaki parent cannot make black offspring. I hope we start seeing some Chonkers chocolate soon! 😁
I need some Chonkers chocolates! I'm going to PCR test him and if he's good to go, then I'll be able to cross him with a chocolate pullet down the road. I'm sure his paints will be a mess, but I'd like to see a chocolate silkie and satin from him.

Back
Top Bottom