BCM 2 week old chicks

Shelshanam

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 13, 2012
Beautiful Southern Oregon!
So I ordered some hatching eggs from ebay to hatch out some black copper Marans for my elderly mom who wanted "chocolate egg layers".

I had a horrible hatch mostly due to the fact I thought my new Hovabator was going to be here long before the hatching eggs were, but I had one of those "delayed by UPS" and had to start them in my older LG that was horrible at keeping a constant temperature. Finally a week after I started the eggs my Hovabator got here and I took a day to make sure it was stable before switching the eggs over.

I have a thread on the incubator and hatching eggs forums that I started when I was shocked by the color of my first hatched chick https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/723883/hatch-day-surprise#post_10016346. It was a wheaton! So my final count was 4 hatched and alive (2 BCM's and 2 Wheatons). All have feathered legs!

Wanted to update and move this into the raising baby chicks section and show off what I think is 1 roo and 3 hens. I put them in order of birth, 1st is Wheaton (we are not original name givers), next was CarolAnne who needs to be renamed (as you can see he has a large comb and legs that are twice the size of the other chicks), next came Penquin who has a very fluffy rump and has become the favorite, and last was Wheat Thin who almost didn't make it. Wheat Thin was trying to get out of her shell for almost 48 hours before I went in to help and didn't look like she was going to live. But low and behold she is now one fiery chick! She also has the best feathering right now!

Last edited:
They are super cute :) I have 8 chicks almost 3 week old . I love when they're so little although I'm excited when they grow up to lay those wonderful eggs

Back
Top Bottom