1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BCM Roo comb ??

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ellymayRans, Dec 20, 2012.

1. ellymayRans

ellymayRans Chillin' With My Peeps

I am new today but have been following for several months prior to getting my very own BCM's. This breed is new to me as well as having my very first roo. I have noticed now that he is approx. 6 wks that his comb is very "wavy"! Will this straighten out? Is he lacking something nutrition wise; still have on the starter/grow feed. Please help. Will probably never show...but they say never say never! I love all of my chicks and DH in the past year got to where he couldn't eat store bought eggs (made him very ill)..so we upgraded our flock of 4 to 18! He requested the BCMs based on the rave reviews their eggs receive. So here we are! Tried several times to post a pic but it just says error uploading...any suggestions?

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you here. BCMs are a breed I have always wanted to haven't gotten yet - one day! In terms of uploading pics - I think you have to have posted a few more times on BYC - I think it's 10 posts (but might be 20)....it discourages spammers. In terms of the floppy comb...unsure. I don't think anything is wrong - not sure if it is about nutrition. Some breeds, Minorcas, for example, have hens that the comb flops all the way over. You might post over in the marans thread below and ask some actual owners. Best of luck and happy holidays!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/14/breeds-genetics-showing

3. ellymayRans

ellymayRans Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the response. I read on the site under how to use the post images and it doesn't specify if your having issues; just references issues with attachments as not having "permission" but nothing on images. O well I'll keep posting a bit and see if that makes a difference. I encourage you to try the BCM's at the least a couple as so far they are so sweet. My oldest is only 8 wks old though and she was a loner for her first 3 wks as the others were dead on arrival...next order of 6 only 2 lived and she cared for them as if they were her own at only 3 wks... The other marans i added just 2 wks ago and was a mixture of day olds and 4 wk olds and she wasn't so nice to the babies at first but now everyone is loving to one another and happy. I love this site. Funny how i laugh every time i read someone saying how chicken crazy they are...because I know what they mean!

4. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012