BE WARNED - HOOVERING IS DANGEROUS!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jacyjones, Dec 20, 2008.

1. jacyjones

jacyjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    Would you believe it???? I have just done my back in cleaning out the car!!! Not even stretching or anything at all risky. No history of back problems, loads of things to do today and now a bad back!!
    should be going to a party tonight - never go to parties these days and was really looking forward to it!! My friend has told me to get my head down below my feet so have been upside down on the ironing board on the sofa!!! Seems to have helped a bit but I am not too happy as you can imagine.
    One bonus that I can see, however - I will get to stay at home and watch the Strictly come Dancing final!! Every cloud and all that!!

2. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Well I'm sorry you hur your back, but glad you can watch your show [​IMG]

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    The lesson there is never clean. It's bad for your health!

(I once threw my back out pulling wet clothes out of the washer and putting them in the dryer)

4. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Take some ibuprofen.... and go anyway.. [​IMG]

5. jacyjones

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    I always knew I hated cleaning - now I KNOW it is to be avoided! You live and learn!

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    let me tell you, last January I slipped 2 disks.........ready for this?? Coughing. I had a bad cold and had to get prescription cough syrup. And I can relate to cleaning out the car, I have a minivan with only a door on the passenger side in the back. I got bursitis reaching to the other side trying to clean it out and had to get a shot in my shoulder, its still hurting 2 months later but i dont want to go back to the Dr. We are all getting older. [​IMG]

ETA put you back up against the wall and slide down till your squating and sit there for a while or lay on your stomach with a pillow under your chest so your upper body kind of curves up.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  7. jacyjones

Jun 9, 2008
    Aberystwyth, Wales
    Quote:I will try that - thanks.

8. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    For those of us in the USA:

Hoovering = Vacuuming

I remember the first time I was asked to "hoover" at my in-laws. The complete blank expression on my face probably led them to believe I was deaf.

I'm looking forward to next week because I will be stocking-up on a lifetime supply of paracetemol with codeine. That really makes the back pain (and fuzzy cider head) go away.

9. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Just go to the party and get hammered. Your back will feel better right away... The next day will be a different story though (from experience)

10. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Can you tell my husband that lesson? He never believes me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by