Beaders come hither!

A1 Steak Sauce

Songster
10 Years
Nov 6, 2009
My House
Hey yall, I'm back! And with a new hobby lol. So I'm trying to bead a hat band for one of my cowboy hats (I can't imagine spending $475 for a beaded hatband, I'll make my own, thank you very much lol,) and I just got a thought... How am I going to attach it to my hat? Ok, so here's the details: I'm making it 23" long to go all the way around my hat, using square stitch (don't have a beading loom, just got into it.) So, would it work to somehow sew it down to a leather or cloth strip to not only give it a way to attach, but make it adjustable? And how would I go about even making it adjustable; poke a hole in one edge of the strip and split the tail (or is that even necessary?) Thanks in advance!
big_smile.png

ok,

If you want to make this adjustable, using the off loom square stitch is perfectly acceptable... it is strong too. Be sure NOT to use Nymo... if you happen to miss condidtioning it just right, your work will stretch it and voila... a gaping hole.

get a small buckle ... start your work off on it just as you would a belt... make your piece and you can slide your work thru the buckle. The left over can always be tacked down with a nice focal bead or you could check out some of the great beaded beads out there for a small focal.

I used to be customer service for Bead Creator Software.... and we had lots of folks who made guitar straps and hat bands for off loom stitches...

I don't see well enough to bead any longer, sold off all my Delicas and now I make soap and am getting chicks!

hollar if I can help!

gini

When you finish that hatband I hope you post pics! I haven't done any beading in years but I found my loom, beads, and beading needles the other day and said "hmm..."

But I really don't need another project right now
lol.png

What kind of loom do you have?

I'm debating on whether to pull out my Mirix loom to sell it. I got the one with the shedding device and have never used it.... suuuuh-pose I could use it in weaving my hand spun... but gads, it seems like I get tooo many hobbies going at once and they literally pile up on my desk.

Quote:

Quote:

It's just an old home made beading loom. I also have one that my mother got in the 1930's that was small and cheap and I doubt very much it's worth any more than the quarter or whatever she bought it for then
tongue.png

haha I understand about hobbies piling up!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom