Beagle lovers out there

This was my beagle boy Waylynn but had to get rid of him. I tried for 2yrs to house break him with no luck. I miss him and one day will get another BUT a female!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindylee

This was my beagle boy Waylynn but had to get rid of him. I tried for 2yrs to house break him with no luck. I miss him and one day will get another BUT a female!

I would definitely suggest you consult with a professional trainer before bringing another Beagle home. They can be difficult to housebreak, so unless you are prepared, it will likely happen again with your other dog, even if the dog is a female. Male or female, then can be a challenge in that regard. There is a reason shelters are full of Beagles, they are often too much for people who don't know how to manage the breed.

Last edited:
I would definitely suggest you consult with a professional trainer before bringing another Beagle home. They can be difficult to housebreak, so unless you are prepared, it will likely happen again with your other dog, even if the dog is a female. Male or female, then can be a challenge in that regard. There is a reason shelters are full of Beagles, they are often too much for people who don't know how to manage the breed.

I know all to well about the breed as my family is very active in field beagles with hunting and breeding. Ive had them all my life and when I brought my guy home... the prev owner allowed him to potty in her house. He was a yr n half old when I got him and tried so much with trainning. He seemed good and caught on but because of imbreeding and and his background past... I truely believe it was a lose cause.
However I did find him a awesome home where his owner to this day still has him and unfortunately still couldn't potty break him. But he lives on a wood floor and hunts the daylights out of him. He says even tho hes "stupid" so to say, hes the best rabbit dog ever! I couldnt ask for a better home.
As for a pro trainner, they are hard to come by as most are jokes.
But what you said is a very true statement and good advice to the folks that dont know about the breed.
:)

Back
Top Bottom