1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Beak falling off 2 wk old turkeys

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by HobbyFarmNoob, Aug 11, 2016.

1. HobbyFarmNoob

HobbyFarmNoob Just Hatched

Aug 11, 2016
    Canada
    I have two week old turkeys. First time raising turkeys from day olds. They are BBW. Weve raised chickens before but never have had this problem before. They appear healthy other than the fact that the tips of their tops beaks were blackened and now 3 out of the 4 turkeys tips of their top beaks fell off (the black portions...).
    I don't think this is normal, what do I do? They appear to be able to still eat and drink. Though I imagine they'd have a hard time eating off the ground versus a full food dish since their bottom beaks are now longer

2. HobbyFarmNoob

Aug 11, 2016
    Canada
    [​IMG]
    One of the 4 turkeys beaks haven't fallen off, but you can see the discoloured portion. That's what the other 3 looked like before I noticed it missing completely!!

3. HobbyFarmNoob

Aug 11, 2016
    Canada
    [​IMG]

4. HobbyFarmNoob

Aug 11, 2016
    Canada
    [​IMG]

5. HobbyFarmNoob

Aug 11, 2016
    Canada
    [​IMG]

6. HobbyFarmNoob

Aug 11, 2016
    Canada
    Anyone ever experience this? Could it maybe just be a defect in the chicks? Or is it possibly a disease I need to treat?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by