Beak filing?

Pics

Eddie12109

🌼🐓🐓⚽️
Nov 14, 2020
Hi,
My chicken hasn’t been able to eat or drink and I think it’s because her beak is too long. It’s too long to cut it without bleeding. Would an average nail file be able to do this or do I need something more heavy duty. Thank you!

I think it’s too long for actually clipping it though but I don’t know

Attachments

• 3940834C-915D-4EA9-99F6-710915E63D97.jpeg
    3940834C-915D-4EA9-99F6-710915E63D97.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 47
Also, through help on here, I have been told she has reproductive issues and it has been getting worse. I can feel her keel bone? I think that’s what it is called... the bone underneath her. It’s becoming more prominent which I know isn’t good. I have been trying to give her oregano everyday as an antibiotic but it’s not helping. Is there anything I can do to treat this and also the beak?

I have been trying a regular nail file today and surprisingly it has made a bit of a difference. I will look into a dog file but will filing cause bleeding if I keep doing it like clippers would?

Also, through help on here, I have been told she has reproductive issues and it has been getting worse. I can feel her keel bone? I think that’s what it is called... the bone underneath her. It’s becoming more prominent which I know isn’t good. I have been trying to give her oregano everyday as an antibiotic but it’s not helping. Is there anything I can do to treat this and also the beak?
Oregano won't work as an antibiotic, and reproductive issues won't be helped by clipping the beak.

I know but I think it’s the two combined making her worse so I want to try anything. Can I get antibiotics without going to the vet?
You don't want to get antibiotics if you don't know what you're doing them for. How long has she been not getting food+water?? If she isn't eating, that would be why her keel bone is getting more and more pronounced.

Back
Top Bottom