Beak filing?

Her crop is constantly empty so I don’t think there is a crop problem. I have no idea how to tube feed her and definitely need advice if I have to. And are those two antibiotics able to be fed orally or through shots? And I can get those without the help of a vet?
Those are both oral antibiotics, I believe. Pretty sure you can get them without a vet. @Eggcessive and @Wyorp Rock certainly know more about this than I do.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ng-guide-pictures-under-construction.1064392/
https://lafeber.com/vet/tube-feeding-birds/#Contraindications_and_potential_complications

Thank you for all the help! I will see if I can tube feed soon but I’m not sure if I am personally able to. Will she be able to bounce back or will I have to tube feed her for a long time? And if she might have a reproductive problem or something else like a tumor is it worth tube feeding her?

Thank you for all the help! I will see if I can tube feed soon but I’m not sure if I am personally able to. Will she be able to bounce back or will I have to tube feed her for a long time? And if she might have a reproductive problem or something else like a tumor is it worth tube feeding her?
Depends on the situation. You don't need to tube feed her if she's eating and drinking on her own, but otherwise she'll just starve to death. So if you can get her to the point where she's eating and drinking, then you can stop. However, if you can't get her to that point, it may be better to cull her. You won't be able to figure out exactly what's going on. I would go to the vet if you want to pinpoint the exact reproductive issue.

Depends on the situation. You don't need to tube feed her if she's eating and drinking on her own, but otherwise she'll just starve to death. So if you can get her to the point where she's eating and drinking, then you can stop. However, if you can't get her to that point, it may be better to cull her. You won't be able to figure out exactly what's going on. I would go to the vet if you want to pinpoint the exact reproductive issue.
Ok so I honestly have never experienced tube feeding and don’t think I have the gut to do that. And I also don’t have a vet near me or have ever culled a chicken. I will keep trying to get her beak shorter and shorter and might just clip it and see if that works tomorrow. Thank you for all of the help and happy thanksgiving! Ps I might post on this tomorrow if I need to.

Ok so I honestly have never experienced tube feeding and don’t think I have the gut to do that. And I also don’t have a vet near me or have ever culled a chicken. I will keep trying to get her beak shorter and shorter and might just clip it and see if that works tomorrow. Thank you for all of the help and happy thanksgiving! Ps I might post on this tomorrow if I need to.
You'll have to clip it, because if you won't tube feed and she can't eat, she'll slowly starve to death. If you clip it and she still won't eat or drink, and you won't tube feed, you have to figure out a way to cull her or have someone else do it, because otherwise she'll slowly starve to death.

You'll have to clip it, because if you won't tube feed and she can't eat, she'll slowly starve to death. If you clip it and she still won't eat or drink, and you won't tube feed, you have to figure out a way to cull her or have someone else do it, because otherwise she'll slowly starve to death.
Ok and you recommended corn starch to stop it from bleeding?

Back
Top Bottom