Beak filing?

OK MAJOR UPDATE
Today while tube feeding I was able to get it down her throat easily but when I looked in there there was something bloody and extremely off
I could not get a picture and have it be able to show it... I tried hard
So in the circle where she breathes there was this thing that looked tan ish and it was covered with blood
She has white drool and no blood coming out but I am FREAKING OUT
is it from tube feeding so much????
I have to go to soccer and I can’t take care of her right now but if anyone has any ideas please help
Did it look simlar like any of the photos in post#4 of the thread below? Any bad odor?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...p-on-her-lip-canker-please-help-me-fi.771767/

Yes it looked slightly like post 4 except it had blood on it so it was hard to tell a lot about it... there is a slightly bad smell but I assumed that was drooling smell. Should I give one fishzole tablet each day?

So a new update is that after looking at the picture... today the canker thing seemed more separated into pieces and still bloody. The thing is that I forgot to mention, I have been giving her fishzole for about a week now. I am getting Aviotrich but don’t know how long it will take

So a new update is that after looking at the picture... today the canker thing seemed more separated into pieces and still bloody. The thing is that I forgot to mention, I have been giving her fishzole for about a week now. I am getting Aviotrich but don’t know how long it will take
Aviotrich is Metronidazole - the same as FishZole (metronidazole).

Oh ok... and do you have any more ideas beside giving fishzole because i have used that for a bit now with no results.

Oh ok... and do you have any more ideas beside giving fishzole because i have used that for a bit now with no results.
If the fishzole is not taking care of it, then it may not be canker.
It would be good if your vet can perform a culture to see what you are dealing with so you can get the right treatment.

Back
Top Bottom