Beak Injury....PLEASE HELP!!!

12476_dscf0392.jpg

Here's another pic. I know they are poor quality......sorry.

Well, we just pry open his mouth and put them in. He got wise to the smushed bread balls we put them in, LOL. You sure could dissolve them in water and feed her with a syringe. The orange baby aspirin is so tart, sometimes they dont like it much.

I checked on her before dark and observed her drinking water. She's not happy being separated from her clan but I think it's best for now.

Anyone have an idea how long it might take for this to heal and for her to be reintegrated?

*Mine had a cracked beak and a few punctures, they were lengthwise, not across, but they healed fine in a couple weeks. Feed her a nice soft warm wet mash in the meantime and add a little ground flaxseed, the efa's and extra protien will help it heal faster.

hi..i would definatley give her some soft food for a little while..the beak is the most sensitive thing on a bird..really....ouchie!..poor baby!..wish you guys luck!..
sad.png

I don't have Flaxseed. Wonder if I made her some oatmeal with scrambled egg and Olive oil in the morning if that would do. Gosh, I just feel so sorry for her. She's such a sweet pet.

Just told Dh......didn't think ole' chickens could grab at your heart strings but......guess what.

I'm a sucker for this chick.

Not eating nor drinking....Can she open her beak at all? My first thought is, did it accidentally get super glued shut? That would be horrible. Id check to make sure that did not happen.

Back
Top Bottom