beak-wich

gmendoza

Songster
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
Rock Hill,SC
Ok. Yesterday I was discussing with my co-worker about chickens. I told him years ago I was always kinda skittish when I see chicken feet and beaks being sold in the store. I always curled at the idea of eating feet and beaks.

I know the chicken feet thingy. I know they make good soups and broths………………………………………………………………………………………
but beaks!!?? Seriously????

What is a beak and what nutritional value do they have? Beaks are like toenails. Crusty disgusting things that shouldn’t be ate. No nutritional value. If they do, then come on over here and chomp on my toenails for the day. I’ll let you chew on my crusties. Beaks are not meant to eat nor to toss in a soup broth. Period!

And on this twisted subject, why you northerners eating pig ear sandwiches? Isn’t ear just cartilage? Fibrous materials? Well if you want fiber and toenails, you can have a fiesta with my shoe and the contents within. Take off my shoe, cut out the sole and slap it between two slices of bread. Voila! A Sandwich de ole sole`. And our soupe of the day, madam and miseur, is brothe ala toenail.
No thanks dude, I’ll pass!

Just a rant I had to get off my chest for a Friday. No need to respond or post.

if you feel the sudden urge to educate me on eating pigs ears or beaks, by all means post. Don’t let my phobias stop you.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Ewww Marcy I'm with you
sickbyc.gif

They had chicken feet on "Chopped" on the Food Network the other night. When it came time for the judges to sample the meals cooked, they crunched into them and then said "nobody wants to eat the toe nails, clip them off" UUGGHHHH!!!! Bad enough they were munching into a chicken foot......makes me gaggy even now
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom