Bean Night . . . please post YOUR recipes

It's a season salt. you find it in the salt section at the store, the bottle is mostly white. Some stores carry it and some don't, it's a hit or miss type of thing. It is great for cooking with, not so great just sprinkled on without cooking. just substitute salt if you can't find it.

Quote:
http://www.google.com/products?q=ja...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCIQrQQwAw
smile.png
It's good stuff!

after a little hunting a i found this:

Krazy Jane lists their ingredients as: Salt, herbs, spices, dehydrated onions & garlic.

"You can use MORTONS "NATURES SEASONS", I buy it at Walmarts super duper store. You can use McCORMACKS "SEASON ALL" this you can buy in any super market. They all have the same ingredients the differance may be in the per centage weights of each. But you the consumer would not know the differance when tasting it in your food. I hope this helps you."

Quote:
pm'd you my guaranteed-to-make-you-better Chicken soup recipe
big_smile.png

KatyTheChickenLady, I've been meaning to thank you for that recipe for over a week. Anne fixed it for me the evening that you sent it to me. All I had swallowed for a week before that was icewater, so I was totally cleaned out. I could not lift even 50 pounds because I was so weak and dizzy. After having your soup for two days, I was able to move the chicken feed sacks easily. My stomach had shrunk, and I had gone from 196# to 189#. I decide that since my stomach had shrunk, I was going to KEEP it shrunk. I never eat more than ONE CUP of food per meal (including Thanksgiving Day). Since then I have lost lots of weight with no problem or hunger for food at all. I now weigh 176#, and that's where I want to stay. I might eat more meals, but no more than ONE CUP per meal.
BTW, right now I'm drinking my first martini since the first day that I got sick.
Wish you'd post your chicken soup recipe for everyone; there's lots of flu out there now. THANKS AGAIN!

wow I am amazing! LOL! I'll post it in another thread for everyone,or if if I'm not quick enough feel free to copy and paste . . .
That soup is always the first thing anyone who knows me asks for when they get sick. I really think it's the combination of citrus and vegetable protien that makes it stay down . . . but that's just speculation on my part.

Here's a new one for you, I've been tweaking it for awhile and it now has a place on our family menu - probably my favorite bean recipe so far, really different, really healthy, really easy . . . and amazing flavor - I was afraid I was going to taste away half the pot while cooking!

WEEK 10

Katy's Rustic Bean Soup

2 cans navy beans - drained
2 cans garbonzo beans - drained
2 medium white onions - chopped
2 cloves garlic - chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh Rosemary - chopped
6 cups chicken stock - use vegetable broth if you want to keep it vegan
6 oz fresh baby spinach - (small bag)
salt - to taste
red pepper - to taste

good olive oil
parm cheese if desired

poor some olive oil in your big soup pot, heat over medium then sautee onions until browned, add garlic and rosemary and sautee for 1 more minute. add chicken stock and beans to pot - simmer for about 15 minutes. Now puree completely (I use a hand held submersible, but you can use a blender if you need to - just do it in batches if you go this way). let simmer on low for at least another 15 minutes, then 5 minutes before serving season to taste with salt & red pepper and stir in spinach - stir until wilted.
Top with shredded parm if you like, and if you have nice wide bowls and want a good presentation drizzle with olive oil, serve with crusty bread.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom