Bear Attack

brynnschicken

Hatching
Oct 26, 2021
So a couple nights ago I had a bear and her baby break into my chicken coop. Only 1 out of 12 ended up dying but 1 was badly injured. She has bite wounds on her underside and on her back. The poor thing has gotten so much better, I know even though I haven't seen her in person. She was apparently coughing up blood but is no longer doing that. She can now stand and she is drinking and eating. The only possible problem would be infection, what can I do to protect her from infection?

<Ozzy, the chicken hurt. This is not a picture with her injury | This is Lenny, the one who passed away. Rest peacfully >
8DB9F3AA-FE45-43AB-805E-FC2978F60B02.jpeg
0F96ACA0-F5CB-4B3A-9E86-2506CF7AF756.jpeg

Ok here it is. I didn't take the photo so I am not sure if this is her underside or backView attachment 2879520
Okay. The photo is a little weird. I would coat a wound like that with some original neosporin. Its a good one just make sure it does not have pain-killer. If you have Veterycin, it works good too.

I am so glad I do not have bears here. If you could, try to get a better photo.

Ok, so that is done. Another thing is she isn't in the coop anymore, she is staying indoors under constant supervision. I'm currently not with her, I'm just looking for extra help. My stepmom knows a lot about chickens and is taking pretty good care of her. I'll be updated in the morning though.

Back
Top Bottom