Bear Attack

why would you have to wait until hunting season. It is attacking your home and animals. Call your local game warden. I bet they say you can shoot it. It they don't then tell them they need to come trap it before it attacks you trying to protect animals

oh man.....bear.....I just couldn't imagine. Not many around here except in protected re-intro areas I hope I never have that problem...so sorry about your birds!!!!
sad.png

Somewhere on here I read where at least one state considers their wildlife to be state property and if their "property" destroys livestock or damages your property then you are entitled to compensation. It may have been in the other bear post where they were told that they could get into trouble for shooting a problematic bear. You may get that with your local game warden. I would then ask if it is permissible to defend yourself if attacked and let them know that you plan on sleeping in or outside of your coup to defend your livestock. If the bear returns that you will assume that you are in harms way.

I would call the game warden I would not think if the bear is attacking your livestock you would have to wait until hunting season to take care of the bear.

I'm so sorry for your lost chickens. In VA if a bear kills livestock, you can get a special permit to shoot them. Try asking your Fish & Game dept!

Quote:
Dont know where in Colorado you are but there is a law in just about every state and I know a few places in Colorado that is "defence of life and property" you can kill anything that is harming or killing your animals, family or harming your property in any way ie breaking your fence and such. Call your fish and feathers

I'm sure sorry about your flock. I live in AK also & one year a bear smacked my bee hives to bits while sitting there with comb stuck to his face. Little honey lover got lucky. Yes, I did, but I missed.

Back
Top Bottom