Bear Attack!

Immediately install several separate strands of electric fence wire just in case they get entangled in one strand and tear it down. Also may want to install motion sensor light.

Here near Kalispell Montana a black bear broke into a house and mauled an elderly lady yesterday. It's been a very dry year here and there just isn't a lot of food in the woods for the bears to eat. They are looking for a lot of calories before denning for the winter. Please be careful.

Here near Kalispell Montana a black bear broke into a house and mauled an elderly lady yesterday. It's been a very dry year here and there just isn't a lot of food in the woods for the bears to eat. They are looking for a lot of calories before denning for the winter. Please be careful.
How awful. Bear has been gone for quite sometime, but we still are on the lookout. Heard gun shots awhile back, so maybe he's scared off?

I know we have a bear here, but I'm more concerned about the coyotes that used to run through at night, but lately have been running hunts in the middle of the day
1f631.png

I think it's because it's so dry and they're getting desperate...I don't like the idea of desperate coyotes...

I know we have a bear here, but I'm more concerned about the coyotes that used to run through at night, but lately have been running hunts in the middle of the day
1f631.png

I think it's because it's so dry and they're getting desperate...I don't like the idea of desperate coyotes...
The idea of any animals being desperate is not pleasant. I have a feeling it's going to be a very bad winter for many animals and many will not make it until spring. We normally see deer only in the evenings. Now we see them all day long looking for food. They have eaten all the apples they can reach and are now eating the leaves. Even the rabbits are hurting. They are going into my coop to eat the feed in there.

The deer and rabbits are out here too. I see them all the time, as well as ground hogs and whatnot. Them I don't mind...we even feed them, to help them out. Hungry herbivores are one thing. But we have free range chickens, cats, goats, dogs, things coyotes will eat. Anything we can do about this?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom