Bear Cub in Grocery Store

Imp

All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle
11 Years
Sep 7, 2008
The Emerald City
My Coop
My Coop
In contrast to the sad situation in Ohio.

My dad sent this to me this morning. It is a short video of a bear cub loose in a grocery store in my hometown. FYI- Tatsuda's Grocery is in town.
It is a short 90 sec. video, but bad quality.

Imp

BTW- I have no info on where mom was.
idunno.gif

Ugh! I don't like the story.

KETCHIKAN, Alaska (AP) — Some shoppers in Ketchikan got treated to Alaska's version of a bear market last weekend.

The Ketchikan Daily News reports (http://bit.ly/pAP804) a small black bear cub walked in the front door of Tatsuda's IGA. The scared animal found its way to a produce cooler, where it made a mess.

Meat department manager Joe Stollar responded to the PA announcement with a net because he misheard the announcement to say there was a bird in the store.

Authorities suspect it was an orphaned bear since its mother wasn't nearby. Stollar says the tiny bear was just scared and trying to hide.

A customer captured the bear, and it was sent out the store's back door into the woods.

Several thousand dollars of ruined produce was donated to a livestock owner.

Oh the poor baby bear. There was a mother bear hit and killed in Virginia the day before yesterday. She had 2 cubs they are now with the Wildlife Center of Virginia. They seem to be doing well. At least they are in good hands. Hope this baby bear will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom