Bear Flipped over coop

One thing that might add some strength to it is if you dig holes near all 4 corners then put cinder blocks in the holes and take chains and chain the coop to all 4 cinder blocks then burry them, might want to make it a foot or 2 below the surface just to make sure its packed tight down there. I have seen some people do this to make sure their coop doesn't go flying away in crazy windstorms.

One thing that might add some strength to it is if you dig holes near all 4 corners then put cinder blocks in the holes and take chains and chain the coop to all 4 cinder blocks then burry them, might want to make it a foot or 2 below the surface just to make sure its packed tight down there. I have seen some people do this to make sure their coop doesn't go flying away in crazy windstorms.
Had that been done, the coop would be in pieces not just flipped. Either way, lesson learned.

So if I understand correctly, a bear can come into your yard and you cannot defend yourself. The bear can just have you or your loved one for dinner?
Same as our laws. You do know there are bears EVERYWHERE less than 60 miles from you right. I still say we saw a few after katrina that i know were bigger than hogs..

we have to prove bear was causing human harm. Basically better video record it tryin to kill you. FWIW, #9 birdshot will def Scare one away. We see far more bear than hogs now in the basin.

So if I understand correctly, a bear can come into your yard and you cannot defend yourself. The bear can just have you or your loved one for dinner?
If it is putting human life, livestock, or real property at risk you can kill it. Legally I'm not sure what chickens are legally but that's not really a something I want to find out. I'll call the game warden in the morning.

I am glad you are letting the game warden know.

In your area you have coyotes, mountain lions and bob cats too.

I agree on needing a very hot wire. Have you been to the Colorado thread? A couple folks on there have posted that they have bears too. Might be worth asking how they predator proof things.

In the mean time since that coop is small and light maybe it can go in the garage?

Back
Top Bottom