Bear Flipped over coop

Pics

Bobohunter1776

Chirping
Sep 21, 2020
Evergreen, Colorado
Bear flipped over our coop. Ate 4 but 2 managed to survive. Sadly our pullets didn't make it. Based on the the tracks I'd say 175-225 lbs bear.
20210507_065522.jpg

Attachments

• 20210507_065919.jpg
    20210507_065919.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 107
That bear is a danger to person and property. I would hope you could protect yourself with more than .12 gauge bird shot.
Like maybe double ought buck shot?
Sadly CO law doesn't allow that. Bird bangers are basically firecrackers launched out of a 12 gauge shell. If it comes back I'll call the game warden.

Sadly CO law doesn't allow that. Bird bangers are basically firecrackers launched out of a 12 gauge shell. If it comes back I'll call the game warden.
So if I understand correctly, a bear can come into your yard and you cannot defend yourself. The bear can just have you or your loved one for dinner?

Wow. Sorry for your losses. Did you know there were bears in your area? Gonna have to build bigger, stronger, tighter. Good luck. :hugs
Sure did. It's probably a 150 pound coop. Figured it'd be fine. Tied it down until we can find a more permanent solution and were setting up a security camera and keeping my more serious airsoft gun loaded by the door. Might get some 12 gauge bird bangers to try to scare it away. It's a much too comfortable bear.

Back
Top Bottom