bear

I know, and that is the down side to the clear zone. I just had a young hen given to me that was the only survivor of a bear attack and they were in a well made barn/coop. Like you said, it was the door that came off. I should say, the clear zone isn't like a nuclear blast, I just keep it clear around house and pens, the bears don't need a hiding place, I just have hopes the foxes and bobcats don't want to be in the open. Beyond my clear zone, its the normal vegatation.

Quote:
Well how about residing in the "hammock"? here's a little piece of a video from the same person who sent this to the news channels. Notice in the description how this is described as "comical" & it is untill it's ripping up the family pets.... Notice in the comments how they're talking about how they "didn't cause any problems here". take note of *how many* & the very last action of the bear stretching up the tree that's the one that had been in the hammock.

Panner I'd love your opinion of this too. A bear stretching up like that, isn't that his way of feeling he needs to show *people* just how big he is so they won't challenge him?

Quote:
yes & the normal vegetation is what your chickens would use if they can get to it. I had my Barred rock hiding so long I thought I only had 1 left. They were so truamatized. Be kind to the sole survivor there please.

Quote:
Panner you aren't able to post pic? you know you need to use a code for the pics right? You upload your pics to photobucket.com & it'll give you the code to copy & paste here & that's how to post a pic.

smile.png
shes easy to be nice to!
smile.png
her picture is in the turken online poultry show. She was very traumatized, I ended up going to the original breeder and getting a nest-mate(?) so she would have somebody her own size and age to bond with, and it worked out really well, I just have a small flock, 5 is all.

That's all I really had wanted too was a small flock I'd thought like 6 to 8 hens.... & well by the time we get done with all the roos that one gets with chicks you know.... LOL

It's good you're enjoying her & being so considerate of her. I know it took mine here a good week or so to really calm down 7 Panner's suggestion of a radio in the coop was a great one!

Ok Panner these are your bear trap pics I'm trying to post for you. Had you tried resizing them? I made them a little smaller.

DSC01382-1.jpg

DSC01384.jpg

I don't understand the extremest attitude that these people have. To put human life behind wild life is totally confusing to me. We had a bear come into town a few months ago. Boy the game warden got right on that. Lucky for the bear he couldn't find it. Bear country in South Dakota uses a chain link fence with 2 rows of hot wire to keep them in. It would be kind of costly and look like Fort Knox, but it might work to keep them away from your coop.

How do they get it to go into a trap? That thing is HUGE!! Once it is in it can not get out? I think I remember a trap like that or something similar rolling down the road with a bear in it. It was laying down, do they kill it before they take it?

That is a catch and release cage. They catch the bear and relocate it, to become someone else's problem. Nice of them hey.

Thanks for the pic Panner and thanks for posting it Mom2cool

Back
Top Bottom