Beat up goose

I guess I am not 100% sure I have a male and female. Betty is definitely smaller and has a thinner neck. Barney has been a pest the last few days. He has been charging and hissing at me. He hasn't touched the ducks at all.

I hadn't seen any mating yet. The were just fine together until 2 days ago.

Sad news....she didn't make it. I checked on her last night before bed. This morning she was dead. :(

Sad news....she didn't make it. I checked on her last night before bed. This morning she was dead.
sad.png

I am so sorry, maybe she was sick they can hide illness so well and before you know it their gone. Something must have been wrong other than the feathers missing. I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif

do you think he beat her up so badly she may have had internal injuries?

I am not sure. She was moving around in the morning before I isolated her, walking and drinking with the rest of the flock. Then I move red her into the garage by herself. That's where she spent the night. She was lying down in the box. She was drinking but not eating. Then this morning she was dead. Humph.

I am not sure. She was moving around in the morning before I isolated her, walking and drinking with the rest of the flock. Then I move red her into the garage by herself. That's where she spent the night. She was lying down in the box. She was drinking but not eating. Then this morning she was dead. Humph.
So many things could have been wrong even egg bound, which flockman had happen to his young goose last year. I'm glad your gander has ducks though he is going to be one lonely boy till you find him a mate. What about a necropsy? sometimes vet schools will do them for free. or nominal fee.

I am so sorry. Last year I lost my goose to being egg bound. I hope you can find him a mate. When my goose died I couldn't find a mate, so I got 2 female goslings. My gander then raised the 2 after they were acouple of weeks old.

I'm so sorry rdw, I know it's very painful. I too lost a goose I raised since she was a gosling. Do you think maybe some predator could have hurt her? Maybe that was the wounds? Anyway, I know it's too late. Time helps to heal the heart. I wish you all the best.

:hugs

I'm LOOKING FOR (oops) anyone who may have a diaper pattern for a Sebastopol Geese! PLEASE, if you do could you contact me ot that person you know that may have one!!!
Desperately seeking diapers! From Newborn on up to Adult! Please keep me in mind! Thank you!

@flockman Do you have a source for sexed goslings? All the hatcheries I see only sell Male/Female pairs or straight run.

Back
Top Bottom