Beatiful Hen, but what kind?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Louieandthecrew, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Hello again! This is Magnolia. She is now... dead. She was killed by a hawk about a year ago but to this day I think she is the prettiest hen i have EVER had! But, I still don't know what breed she is! Can anyone tell? Here are a couple of pictures of her :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tell me if you know!
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  2. Louieandthecrew

...Sorry... I didn't know the last pic would be so big!... Oh well! She is the one on the far right

3. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    sorry i can't tell. she is beautiful, though! i'm so sorry to hear of her loss! do you have any pictures of her as a mature bird?

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    It looks like it is trying to be a Silver Laced Cochin..
    Could be a Silver Laced /Mottled cross
    Chris

5. IcarusSomnio

IcarusSomnio Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Vernon County, MO
    Some sort of molted Cochin...? I honestly haven't a clue, I'm terrible at chicken breeds, but she was beautiful

6. bigchicken2

bigchicken2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Mottled Cochin. Sorry for your loss! [​IMG]

7. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    silver laced cochin-- ill say mix because there isnt full featherding of the nether regions.. i have some outback.. soo freaking cute too!

8. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    I will second, or third, the SL or mottled cochin. How old was she when she died? She may not have had a chance to go through a molt or have filled out - that would have showed you her true coloring. Very pretty! So sorry for your loss!

9. Louieandthecrew

She was about 4 or 5 months when the hawk got in so she hadn't yet gotten the chance to moult. It would make sence for her to be a cochin of somekind though because I got the other 5 chicks from the same tractor supply co. and one other was a black cochin (last pic, black chick in the middle). So I believe that that's right [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by