Beautiful bantams: D’Uccle discussion

Gldnvalleyhens I have some roo's that look simillar from I beleive a porcelin roo and mille fleur moms I'd let you have your pick of them as I am too roo rich myself. They are babies of tractor supply who knows bantams I can show you moms and dad be glad to give some away so I don't have to kill any of them. PM if intrested

Gldnvalleyhens I have some roo's that look simillar from I beleive a porcelin roo and mille fleur moms I'd let you have your pick of them as I am too roo rich myself. They are babies of tractor supply who knows bantams I can show you moms and dad be glad to give some away so I don't have to kill any of them. PM if intrested
Thank you for thinking of me, I’d definitely be interested if I lived closer, but I’m in the northwest tip of Illinois by Iowa, so I don’t think it would work out. Thanks again though!
Thats unfortunate you would have to cull them, but roosters usually aren’t in great demand, which stinks.

for now we are seeing if they can integrate into the flock of full size girls without causing issues like overbreeding and hurting the girls or causing fights that risk injury to any and all. they are pretty mild mannered and hopefully will work out like baby huey did he was a cochin roo we got but he caused too many problems in the bantam enclosure so he was banished but he fit right in at the big girl pen he was cute chasing the big girls around the big ros kinda ignored him because he did way more chasing than catching. unfrtunately a fox got the lil cutey. major sad because he was soo beautiful the wife wanted to try showing him. he was awesome.

We have 7 D’Uccles
1 porcelain chick
2 Mille Fleur pullets
1 Mille Fleur hen
2 Mille Fleur mix incubating eggs
And a goldenneck hen
We also had 2 millie hens in the past
Does anyone show theirs and have some tips?

Hi, I show my d'uccles. I don't really have any tips other than make sure your d'uccles have grey under-color to their feathers. I've found that this is very important for the SOP. Other than that, just make sure your birds are show quality, but many forget about the under-color.

Hello! I just recently got some Mille Fleur D'Uccles and I know very little about them but I am looking up info as quick as I can.

I was hoping someone else here might be able to give me an educated opinion on which of these 6 cockerels I should keep. I don't have individual pics of them, unfortunately, but I will try to post a couple of pictures. I think some of them are too white, and some not spotty enough, but that's about as far as I have gotten. I'm not planning to breed them necessarily, but I want to keep one because I also have 2 hens and I'd like to keep the possibility on the table if, in the end, I decide to hatch a few eggs. I'll also post the girls in case their coloration/body style makes a difference to which boy you'd suggest I keep.

View attachment 1691027 View attachment 1691028 View attachment 1691032 View attachment 1691031
Keep the one in the middle of the first pic

Thank you for thinking of me, I’d definitely be interested if I lived closer, but I’m in the northwest tip of Illinois by Iowa, so I don’t think it would work out. Thanks again though!
Thats unfortunate you would have to cull them, but roosters usually aren’t in great demand, which stinks.
I have someone who has plenty of show quality mille fleur Cockerels available if you want them. I'm in SE Wisconsin.

Here is a pic of my blue ribbon late male for anyone needing a comparison pic.
IMG_4937.JPG

Hi, I show my d'uccles. I don't really have any tips other than make sure your d'uccles have grey under-color to their feathers. I've found that this is very important for the SOP. Other than that, just make sure your birds are show quality, but many forget about the under-color.
Thank you that helps I will check our birds
What do you put on them before coop in
And how many points should they have on the comb

Keep the one in the middle of the first pic

Thanks. As far as future breeding of D'Uccles, he was my first choice...but I decided to keep one of the smaller boys instead as my first reason for getting them was a future project involving sizes of birds as opposed to a specific existing breed. I kept this boy. He may be a bit too spangled, but I liked the way the spangles tipped his hackle and tail feathers better than the others. If I decide to breed them in the future I will likely get either another roo with more red to balance the girls I have or a couple of hens with less spangles for this boy.
The pullets are named Ginger and Curry. This is Father Thyme.

Screenshot_2019-03-10-10-00-18~2.png

Back
Top Bottom