Beautiful twin white Cochins

I knew it from the beginning! Anna and Else are Sven and Kristoff lol. I can't believe out of 12 hens we only have 9! Thank you all for your help! Now I have another question. Why don't the boys fight? My RIR is very dominant!
Not all cockerels fight 24/7, especially if they've been raised together. :) Some have occasional tiffs here and there, while others bloody each other to the point where it becomes excessive. Just depends on the individual.

~Alex

I knew it from the beginning! Anna and Else are Sven and Kristoff lol. I can't believe out of 12 hens we only have 9! Thank you all for your help! Now I have another question. Why don't the boys fight? My RIR is very dominant!

They already did. Dominance was already established by the RIR, and these two have fallen into line. This probably happened back when they were chicks. I bet the matings you've noticed with these two are when the RIR isnt' around!

If your Rhode Island Red is really dominant that is probably your answer. It may not last forever though, cockerels can be very unpredictable at that age. You may have a plan in place just in case, hopefully you won't need it! There is still a very good chance that even if they continue to get along with 9 pullets and 3 large fowl cockerels your pullets are going to be overmated.

Back
Top Bottom