Beautiful Young d'Anvers Roosters in Northern California

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by GallusGirl, Jul 26, 2016.

1. GallusGirl

GallusGirl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
    Davis, CA
    I have two Lavender Cuckoo Belgian Bearded d'Anvers roosters and one Quail Belgian Bearded d'Anvers rooster that I got as hatching eggs from Boggy Bottom Bantams in Georgia, and raised from chicks. They are small, beautiful birds that have so much potential for breeding and show, and I haven't seen many d'Anvers available locally, despite their lovely nature. These little guys hatched on May 3rd, and are just starting to crow.
    I live in Davis, but I'm willing to drive a long way to find them perfect forever homes!
    I've added a few photos of the boys right now, but they are less than 3 months old, and will definitely look much more dramatic when they are a little older.
    Thanks,

~Laurel

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Andy, darker Lavender Cuckoo, and Tristan, lighter Lavender Cuckoo
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Evan, Quail, and the three boys hanging out in the backyard.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  2. GallusGirl

Feb 18, 2013
    Davis, CA
    I've rehomed one of my Lavender Cuckoo roosters, but I'm still looking for homes for my quail rooster and the darker Lavender Cuckoo boy. They are so good-natured, never human-aggressive, and would make a wonderful addition to any flock! Here are some updated pictures of these beautiful boys.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. chivita08

chivita08 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2016
    Cathedral City, CA
    I'm interested! Do you ship to California

4. GallusGirl

Feb 18, 2013
    Davis, CA
    I live in the Sacramento area, so I am in California, but I really prefer not to ship any animals. The boys are currently staying with a wonderful chicken-lover nearby who has quite a few D'Anvers boys and girls, but if you are ever up north and still interested, I could talk to her about parting with one of them! I'm also driving down south to LA at the end of October if you're still looking for a rooster then!

5. chivita08

Feb 23, 2016
    Cathedral City, CA
    I live in Palm Springs I currently have a pair of all black d'anvers and was interested in expanding to different options in colors and breeding something new

6. chivita08

Feb 23, 2016
    Cathedral City, CA
    Are these still available? I have a cousin going to college in Sacramento maybe he can pick up the rooster for me

7. jaybud

jaybud Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2016
    Tehachapi, Ca
    I'll take the quail D'anver rooster if he is still avail. I'm in tehachapi and willing to drive

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  8. GallusGirl

Feb 18, 2013
    Davis, CA
    Sorry, I had to rehome my roosters quite quickly, as they weren't legally allowed in my hometown. If I ever hear from the woman that has them that she can no longer keep them, I'll get in touch!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by