Because I care about my BYC family....

The only problem I see with storing too much ahead...is other people knowing you have excess.It then creates a problem.My friend down the road from me and myself fully expect if things get too bad...to come home one day and find her gardens and my flock..stolen.Hope it doesn't come to that but I know it is a possibility.People do things they normally wouldn't do when desperate.
As for cutting down...we too have given up our satellite tv....saving us 78.00 a month.Still working on other ways...

It does my heart good to see that so many are preparing!

Problem is, there are many others that read my first post and think I'm wearing a tin foil hat! They really don't see the precarious and dangerous situation we have allowed ourselves to get in.

The situation in Syria right now concerns me greatly. Assad is getting pressure from his people and one way to stop that and unify them would be for them to attack Israel... and that could be the start of World War III.

The debt ceiling, the government defaulting or devaluing our currency, entitlements continuing to increase....( It's estimated that well over 60% of those currently on disability could in reality work, but they are taking the path of least resistance.

Folks say tax the rich, but what they don't comprehend is that if every person in the United States paid every dime of what they earned every year to the government... Bill Gates included, we still would only make a small dent in our national debt. We have spent our way into a hole so deep, it seems there is no way out. I laugh when I hear folks say that during the 90s we had a balanced budget and surplus... dream on... the budget may have been balanced for the calendar year but we were still digging a hole of debt. All that said...

If we can simply be wise in small ways and be prepared, there will be much less suffering and heartache... and our preparation ultimately will end up blessing the lives of others. (Because chicken people are a generous lot)

We have always lived with Store up for at least 6 months
and be willing to share if you care.
Just in case.
Now Im more into couponing . since garden is a muddy mess.
With the way things are its Do what has to be done.
but the cable stays.

Quote:
Now this post brings to mind a subject that would cause a lot of controversy! However,I must say at least this...it is not surprising to me how the conditions are at this point....and that I do not feel that any human government can fix it at this point.With that said, I do feel a bit of preparing is always a good thing but too much is going to get you into a heap o' trouble!
So...are those "tin foil hats" hot?
tongue.png

Quote:
You don't advertise your storage and you don't just stock up on food.
wink.png

big_smile.png
True....but you aren't advertising on purpose necessarily...people who drive by see her gardens from the road...and my birds! As for the stuff in the house....it's all good
smile.png

Quote:
You don't advertise your storage and you don't just stock up on food.
wink.png

big_smile.png
True....but you aren't advertising on purpose necessarily...people who drive by see her gardens from the road...and my birds! As for the stuff in the house....it's all good
smile.png

Yeah, not a whole lot you can do about that. Maybe fast growing boundry trees?

Quote:
big_smile.png
smile.png

I thought about creating a border out of the Firethorns...
wink.png

Living around hurricanes all my life we as a family always have had emergency supplies. Also creating a watertight file for important papers. Buying a generator is just good sense.

Quote:

I thought about creating a border out of the Firethorns...
wink.png

lol.png

Hubby wants to get an old style hand well pump - so if gas isn't an option for the generator, we can still get water.

Back
Top Bottom