Bedding for my babies

bayyjayy

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Utah
So, when I got my Cayugas, I went ahead and bought the bedding that they had the babies in, and I haven't had a problem with it with them. So, now I have these Ancona babies, and when I put them in the bedding they start eating it. I haven't left them in there long enough to see if they stop eating it because it kinda scares me.

The bedding is Livestock and Pet Bedding Wood Shavings.....what do you think??

I use shavings with all of mine. With the number I hatch no way I could use towels or similar cloths the whole time they are in a brooder. Mine will nibble on them occasionally- but most often they spit them out. I normally have them on a towel for the first 2 or three days until they are well used to their food and water containers and then put them onto the shavings.

I actually used shaving for years but recently switched over to Rice Hulls.. I like it alot better.. but my ducklings also knibble on both and never have problems..

Ryan

Thank you for your reply.....the towel thing is DRIVING ME NUTSO! I was thinking I would give them a few days, and I have had them since Wednesday, so maybe tomorrow I will just let them have at it!

I appreciate your input.

Back
Top Bottom