Bedding

InlandOcean

In the Brooder
Nov 1, 2023
I have two ducklings (4 weeks) in a brooder box until my enclosure is built within the next week or two. I just ran out of pine bedding and had to switch to cedar but I keep reading that it's bad for duck respiratory systems. It's a fresh bag, about 2 pounds worth of bedding which would last a while with my current setup; is it worth getting a new bag of pine and just taking the hit of figuring out what to do with the cedar or are the things I'm reading just superstitions? (I can't tell, everyone backs it up with different things that don't sound right to me)

Cedar chips are fine for other pets, like hamsters, and such. Not suggested for birds. Birds have quite small lungs compared to other pets. I would not use the cedar myself. Give those chips to someone else with different pets, not birds.
If you are out of bedding, then shred some paper towels. Newspapers will also provide bedding.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Cedar chips are fine for other pets, like hamsters, and such. Not suggested for birds. Birds have quite small lungs compared to other pets. I would not use the cedar myself. Give those chips to someone else with different pets, not birds.
If you are out of bedding, then shred some paper towels. Newspapers will also provide bedding.

X2

Got straw today instead đź‘Ť

Back
Top Bottom