tebs78

Songster
12 Years
Jan 1, 2008
here are some pics of my swap eggs!

IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_9147.jpg

The black one is out of the copper/dark brown egg

and the redish yellow one is the first one that had pipped that i had to help completely out!
My favorite is the skunk/chipmunk striped one that hatched out second, which came from the light brown egg. THe green egg did not hatch.

Ashley

Last edited:
Quote:
The copper/dark brown egg, producing the dark coloured chick would be an Ameraucana (Roo) and Cuckoo Moran (Hen) mix. My guess would be that the "chipmunk" came from the green egg but since it didn't hatch, and they both came from the light brown eggs, they would both be Ameraucana (Roo) and Buff Orpington (Hen) mix. If you see anything else... as in feathers on the legs, let me know and I will change this guess. It is still difficult without seeing the eggs.

Mama wants to send you some more eggs... us trade ourselves. Let me know what you think. I told her I thought I read somewhere that you might be moving, but coulda been someone else. Lots of post read on this site.
hmm.png

No feathered feet on any of them. Both of the light brown eggs have a sorta chipmunk strip, just the yellowish/orangey one is not as pronounced. I threw the eggs out, but they were definitely the light brown eggs, not the cream colored ones.

Sounds like the americauna roo has been busy lol

I am moving and my chickens have started molting, so if you dont mind waiting? We could trade in a few weeks when production picks up. I am hoping I have enough for my April swap lol.

Ashley

Thanks, I have more chicks hatching out of my own eggs today so I'll post more pics soon.

Quote:
I wasn't, but I am now Ashley
smile.png

They are cute. You did end up with a good mix of colours. Every egg (cream coloured) I've hatched from our Cochin hen has feathery legs (I call them flegs). I am still wondering if any will hatch without the feather legs since the Roo doesn't have that trait.

By the way, what does your flock consist of... wondering since we will trade after your move sometime.

Back
Top Bottom