Beekman Boys show

Quote:
Thats what we are doing. I absolutely refuse to even consider getting engaged, let alone have any sort of ceremony, until it is legal in montana (i want the ceremony there). And, since I figure hell will freeze over before that happens, its gonna be a long wait!
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Right on!! (did you hear the Prop 8 stay was denied? currently legal for gays to get married in CA.. immediately! still have a long wait for the total resolution)

Best wishes for you guys getting married ASAP..sounds so shotgun-ish
wink.png

I thought it was to resume Aug 18th?

Lol, and your right, shogunish weddings are so 2009!
wink.png

didn't farmer John have knee replacement surgery? not back surgery or did i miss that.

I also wish we didnt label people the way we do. We are all just people in my opinion. All capable or incapable of this or that regardless of our skin color, partner preference, size, shape or weight. It's like saying, "wow! I'm impressed that a person with freckles can work so hard."

He had hip replacement surgery.

While Brent can be irritating sometimes, I'm sure none of us would come across as entirely pleasant people if we were edited down to half an hour for several days (or more) of our lives. He's certainly nicer to watch than Kate from Jon and Kate plus eight.

I just wish my farm ran as smoothly as theirs, If Farmer John ever gets tired of working there I got a place for him on my farm,

LOL!
lol.png

When I first saw the adds for the show all I could think of was "Green Acres meets Bird Cage." (Josh was a New York Drag Queen whose Schtick was goldfish in his ummm-ummm this is a family website- ) So, I started to watch to find out which one would be Eva Gabor (Lisa) and who would be Eddy Albert (Oliver.)

I am delighted to say that I have fallen in love with show. Despite their bickering, which actually reminds me of any couple, they do have a solid message. At the risk of sounding too preachy their basic message is "keeping the small family farms alive using local products." They also have been trying to demonstrate sustainable farming by living as much as they can off their farm. Spoiler Alert-----there is are two episodes where they humanely slaughter one of their pigs and a Thanksgiving turkey.

Brent did work with Martha Stewart on her Healthy Living program. He is also a physician. Josh has written two books, which the most recent is about living at Beekman. There show and Beekman 1802 have put Sharon Springs, New York on the map and has help revitalize the community. Check out there website for upcoming events.

So, after watching the show I have come to the conclusion that :
Josh is Lisa
Brent is Oliver
Farmer John is Fred Ziffel owner of Arnold the Pig..... or is it Mr. Druckard???

I do like the show....I just can't stand how uppity New York City people can be. The one episode where he served cheese for Martha Stewart made me sick. I do not know what makes everyone look up to her so much. I liked her mother so much better, she did not act like a no it all snob like her daughter. Martha needs to remember she came from a modest family, and not think her opinion is the only one that matters in this world. I myself like down to earth, honest, humble people...not rude, condescending people wh think they are better than all of us hicks.

I don't think jail time Martha served did her good LOL!

I didn't know Brent was a physician....what was he practicing? He would be a good asset for the small town, needing doctors.

Back
Top Bottom