Been awhile

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DaughterOfEve, Dec 3, 2018.

1. DaughterOfEve

DaughterOfEve Songster

Sep 3, 2009
    Montague, MI
    Don't use this much anymore. I have had many generations of chicken over the last 10 years. Breeding Easter eggers and nankins. Silver spangled hamburg and welsummers. There are geese, ducks, guinea fowl as well as a dog, cat, rabbit and ball python. My job is bookkeeper, office manager, secretary. Mother of one. Wife of one. Born michigander. Gardener, singer, and fruit picker. After the Michigan thread blow out a couple years back i lost interest in this site. It was difficult to find actual helpful info regarding medical questions and chicken confusion folks were shaming others for treating a chicken like an animal instead of a person. So I stop by now and then to see if there is anything new mainly articles.

2. HuffleClaw

HuffleClaw Enabler

Jul 8, 2018
    Alabama ♥️
    My Coop
    Glad to see you back! Congrats on 9 years btw! :woot

3. 007Sean

007Sean Enabler

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frow Welcome back! :)

4. N F C

N F C no time like snow time

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    smiley welcome back.gif

It's nice to have you back!

5. DobieLover

DobieLover Free Ranging

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Welcome back!
    I'm a newer member and have not found it to be the case that folks are shamed when treating a chicken anything other than a chicken. Quite the contrary, I've read many a post where the more experienced are trying to guide the inexperienced (who tend to anthropomorphize their birds the most) to treat their animals as the species they are. Sometimes is gets frustrating and I personally need to just bow out.
    Stick around. Maybe things have changed.

6. EggWalrus

EggWalrus Crowing

Aug 14, 2017
    Southeast Alabama
    Good to have you back. I'm sure you have lots of knowledge of chickens after 9+ years. Maybe you can help some of us younger whipper snappers with our chicken problems. I've only been on byc a little over a year, but I have not seen much of that behavior. There is a funny thread called "chicken shaming" if you'll do a search for it.
    Glad you decided to come back!
    :hugs:love:ya:highfive:
    :welcome:thumbsup

7. JedJackson

JedJackson Free Ranging

Jul 6, 2016
    NW Washington state
    Welcome back. I am sorry you had some bad experiences before. I can only say that in recent times I haven't seen that at all. In fact, these are the most respectful online message boards I've ever experienced. I see nothing wrong with having differing perspectives on poultry and poultry management so long as we respect each other's opinions. So, I hope you will give BYC another try, and I hope you find the website fun and useful. With all of your experience and knowledge, you would definitely be an asset to BYC.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome back. Sometimes you just have to be like a duck and let the BS slip away like water off a duck's back. Sheer stupidity still exists, but I usually try to stay away from it. There's a lot of good to be shared here. I have to agree with @JedJackson on the quality of this site.

9. cassie123

cassie123 Crowing

Jun 13, 2017
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Welcome back!:frow

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Welcome back. I had some issues too in the past and didn't go on for quite awhile but curiosity got me and I decided to check. There are a few jerks as there are everywhere but most are good souls. Start a new Michigan thread. :frow:caf

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: