Been awhile

DaughterOfEve

Songster
10 Years
Sep 3, 2009
Montague, MI
Don't use this much anymore. I have had many generations of chicken over the last 10 years. Breeding Easter eggers and nankins. Silver spangled hamburg and welsummers. There are geese, ducks, guinea fowl as well as a dog, cat, rabbit and ball python. My job is bookkeeper, office manager, secretary. Mother of one. Wife of one. Born michigander. Gardener, singer, and fruit picker. After the Michigan thread blow out a couple years back i lost interest in this site. It was difficult to find actual helpful info regarding medical questions and chicken confusion folks were shaming others for treating a chicken like an animal instead of a person. So I stop by now and then to see if there is anything new mainly articles.

smiley welcome back.gif

It's nice to have you back!

Welcome back!
I'm a newer member and have not found it to be the case that folks are shamed when treating a chicken anything other than a chicken. Quite the contrary, I've read many a post where the more experienced are trying to guide the inexperienced (who tend to anthropomorphize their birds the most) to treat their animals as the species they are. Sometimes is gets frustrating and I personally need to just bow out.
Stick around. Maybe things have changed.

Good to have you back. I'm sure you have lots of knowledge of chickens after 9+ years. Maybe you can help some of us younger whipper snappers with our chicken problems. I've only been on byc a little over a year, but I have not seen much of that behavior. There is a funny thread called "chicken shaming" if you'll do a search for it.
Glad you decided to come back!
:hugs:love:ya:highfive:
:welcome:thumbsup

Welcome back. I am sorry you had some bad experiences before. I can only say that in recent times I haven't seen that at all. In fact, these are the most respectful online message boards I've ever experienced. I see nothing wrong with having differing perspectives on poultry and poultry management so long as we respect each other's opinions. So, I hope you will give BYC another try, and I hope you find the website fun and useful. With all of your experience and knowledge, you would definitely be an asset to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom