Been Busy

Quote:
If it's that close to being ripe, it probably won't hurt it much if any.

Yep, she just needs to ask. Things we don't think twice about I'm sure don't make sense to someone who doesn't farm.

Luckily it was out of the boot, but you can see that the spray really did a number on it.
Had a couple of guys we know, but they are not crop assesors, walk through and try to tell us it is rust. One of them was the guy that sprayed our alfafa. We didn't even know they were out there until afterwards.

Katy still a ways off, but with theses temps in the 90's predicted it should ripen quickly. We are just getting ready. Just hope we are not seeding winter wheat at the same time we are trying to harvest like last year.

Jferlisi media blasting is like sand blasting with an air compressor, a hose and type of blasting tool, some call them guns, the guys who were out used what looked like the end of a vaccum hose and called it a nozzel.
For media you use corn cob, glass beads, pecan husks, walnut husks or silicone beads. Now theses beads are so small they look like sand, you have to put them under a microscope to really see them.
The stain was on the logs of our house, It started peeling off after only being on for 6 months. I tried the stain remover that was recommended and it just made it all look worse. The only way to get it off was to have it media blasted off.
If you go look at the pictures I posted and look at the pics of the west side of our house you can see the stain and where the logs are back to looking more natural.
You can not stain over peeling stain.

If you want to get it ripe quicker, I'll send the 110s we've been having lately!! That'll ripen it fast!! Yesterday we had a big wind with the high temps and it felt like a blast furnace when you'd walk out the door. Not a fun day!

Hope it goes smoothly for you when it does start. I'm just hoping we get moisture before we start sowing so it'll come up.

Took a day off for family time yesterday, we went to the fair. DH complained about the cost, but the kids had a blast.
We do not go on vacations so that was our trip as a family.

DD got a new rabbit to replace the ones she lost in June. It was the weirdest thing. Rabbits were fine in the morning, fine at 2pm and found dead after a nasty thunderstorm at 6pm. Talked to some rabbit people they think the rabbits were stressed a bit due to the heat we finally got and then this bad storm finished them off.
She is happy.

lots of guys are swathing their wheat due to some saw fly and root rot.
Got neighbors starting to the north and I could hear some starting to the south. We need a new hose for our combine and we will be set to go too.
Got a call from the custom cutter we normally use and he is still in Nebraska. Hope he makes it for the barley harvest. I hate cutting that stuff, boy do we itch like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom