Been crying all afternoon, thoughts on solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in a very strict HOA in Dallas before moving to Corpus. Most HOAs cant stop you from altering your house as long as you get the required plans approved by the HOA board. I think that is to keep people from building something weird on top of their house that makes the property values drop. I modified my garage and made a room out of it..as well as built a greenhouse in the backyard on a zero-lot-line. I say keep your hens in a dog kennel or something like that. There is a difference between livestock and fowl/poultry. If your HOA has a pond with ducks living in it..they are breaking their own rules. Since you are already at this point and know who the complainant was..why not just go talk to her. Keep your enemies close.. ;)

Good Luck...

Yes I plan on leaving the run intact, the coop will get repurposed into a playhouse for my daughter. I think if the girls play outside during the day and sleep inside at night I may be able to handle keeping a few secret during the day?

Sadly the person at the root of this misery is one of the girls on the Hoa board, they wouldn't approve a flower in my yard right now!! :(

I am afraid that by causing too much of a stir now that I may be watched more after being disapproved. If I am quiet now and make it known they are all gone on my fb page in case somehow she can get on it still, it looks like they won?!

that is pure communism! ive lived in a few trailerparks and never had any restrictive rules like that! wow it must be unbearable to live there. i suggest you egg her and her house and move.

Crazy idea alert!!!!
ya.gif

Get food safe dye and paint your chickens bright green, purple, and pink. tell everyone that they are fancy Malaysian ground parrots that just aren't talking yet.
lau.gif

You know, you might look up some of the threads on house chickens and how to potty train- altho this works best with only one or two since it's a lot of work to train just one, much less a flock. If they are potty-trained, no one in their right mind will believe they are chickens anyway. Who ever heard of a potty-trained house chicken unless you are already a BYC regular?

I HATE HATE HATE Associations!
rant.gif
Thank God that our declarations expired many years ago, but we have some neighbors that don't know that because they call the neighborhood watch or code every other day. Our expired declarations are less clear than the county ordinances. The way the declarations are written you can't have commercial livestock but you can have "pets." If they are named, they are pets. Read your ordinances, read your declarations. Knowledge is the best weapon! You can petition county code for an exception but your HOA is whole other story and it's all about how they feel about you. Keep your head low and maybe offer her some free eggs. Maybe rehouse them at a friends until this blows over and then keep them in the garage. Good Luck!

If you can keep pets, then order 6 chicken diapers and keep those girls in your house if that won't start a riot. Rehome the rest and just quietly keep your 'house pets' inside unless you take them out to the back yard or for a walk. They can be taught to accept being leashed too!

I would never buy in a place with CCR's because of just this kind of thing. People are such *%$*%))#__%$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom