Bees!

cmb32187

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2016
Hello! This is my 1st post. I have been enjoying learning things on this site. We live off grid with no neighbors within miles in the desert. We cannot put any type of water out without hundreds of bees showing up. I have 2 buff Orpington and 2 Americaunas

The bees need the water so I'd put out multiple sources for them and there will be less around your chicken founts.

Multiple shallow pans filled with water and pebbles so the bees don't drown scattered far from your chickens.
That will let the bees know that's where they can get their water. You won't have nearly the problem when you put your chicken water out.
Bees are creatures of habit like chickens. Once they know they have a safe reliable place to get water, they'll go there.

It doesn't matter a whole lot because when seeking water, most bees will act the same but are the ones you're dealing with honey bees or some native pollinator?

Last edited:
Thx for the I info. They are local types. There's so many they come after any moisture, even the clothes as I hang them on the line. We are completely screening in the chicken coop and run.

Back
Top Bottom