Bees

Thanks guys great sites. I don't know what I searched wrong but they didn't come up when I googled. Im a dork I guess
smile.png
)

Beesource.com has a forum, its the one I always go to. I'm very into beekeeping, this spring it'll be my 7th year (I think). I kind of lost track... lol If you have any specific questions regarding bees, I'll be happy to answer them.

Look around your area and see if you can find a person keeping hives. Many county extension offices or the 4-H office can help you to find someone. Our area has monthly meetings that you can go to for free and learn so much. Many times they will also have auctions at the meetings for supplies that are either extras or someone is selling out. You can also try a "wanted" in your area on CL. There are also several recent articles on bee keeping and hives in the Mother Earth News website. It is suggested that you have at least 2 hives. I just read an article on a guy that has 25 hives and extracted 1.2 tons of honey from them this season. That is alot of honey. Also just finished reading a book from the library and the lady had 300+ hives. Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom