Before and Afters

Here is our last rescue. He came from a local trader's barn, who had found him at an auction. He's my husband's horse now. We named him Sweet Talker because he's very vocal.

He is a 15 year old Paso/Arab cross, nicely gaited.

On arrival, he was covered in girth galls, spur sores, had had his mouth torn in both corners by a bit. He was so head shy you couldn't scratch your head without him heading for the next county. He had terrible hoof abcesses that had to be cut out by our vet and spent 3 weeks in quarantine. We've had him three years now. He's a super trail horse and has nearly completely gotten over his previous life.

talkercomp.jpg

Thanks! Huey was almost a year old in those pics. Kally was 2 in the first pic & 3.5 in the second pic.
smile.png
She is a nice looking mare....but you should see her babies! She's 1/2 Andalusian & she's been bred to three different Andalusian stallions & produced two fillies & a colt. The two fillies greyed out, the colt didn't. (I bought her for $750 in the summer of 2000, took her to college with me, broke her & sold to someone in North Dakota). I just bought the mare back last May--after she was sold to ND, she was sold to CO & then to TX and ended up in MT. So I'm glad to have her back!

Quote:
We have no idea actually. I'm guessing Peruvian ONLY because they're fairly common around here. I don't know enough about the gait differences to be able to tell which he does. He sticks at 14.1 hands. Small and mighty! He's got endurance to beat the band, smooth enough to sip water from a glass. The funny part is, he's also a GREAT little jumper with tight knees and a nice bascule - but he's not honest at ALL in the ring LOL.

Quote:
No, not hard to handle at all. They are very cuddly and sweet natured. The potty training thing is kinda funny. All 4 of the ones my mother and I raised are potty trained but each picked their own way. Topaz (the one in this pic) wants to go on newspaper. Diamond, my little girl, wants to go outside, My mom's boy, Zeke, has to be standing with his feet in water or he refuses to go, and her girl Selina....oh, she is a newspaper pottier too.
smile.png
They are lots of fun and certainly an attention getter.
smile.png
I like to take one when I pick my kids up from school occasionally. Their friends think it is too cool.
smile.png

I am so amazed with everyone! Great, great job!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
^^^ Thank you. The Carolina Dog is actually a breed of dog all on it's own, although not very common. It's also known as the North American Dingo and the American Indian Dog. It originated from breeding American Dingos and Sight hounds.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/caralinadog.htm

Last edited:
I love this thread! I love you guys for doing all this great work!
equibling - I'm amazed - those Huey pics rip my heart out! I can't imagine the effort you had to put in to bring him back from that.

Back
Top Bottom