Before I kill him?

Here is one more thing that might help and it is FREE!

Brush your cat Daily! you would be surprised to see how much hair comes off of a cat during spring and summer!

I too have a longhair Main coon mix and she sheds bad in the spring and summer. When she starts leaving clumps of hair on the floor then I know it is time to brush her again. sometimes I do it twice a day.

Even if you can only do it three or four times a week that should help curb the throwing up.

Good Luck and remember your not alone with this problem!

Pure snow You are right about the financial rescources, unfortunately the rescue resources are completely overwhelmed here in CNY. Believe me I know, I've housed kittens and cats for them. It's just that now I've retired and have less money. If i can solve this with your help I'd rather try that first. I expect the vet would tell to try all the remedies you've all so graciously advised before moving on to tests and what not.

I have started the cat hairball stuff and the advice to brush is good and will try that too and I bought some wormer from the store to try that so it may help. I may pull the dry food and only give him small amounts at a time. Merlin is not starving that's for sure, so it may be the hair thing.

My two DD's live here and they each have a cat. One of whom is really old, 16 or so. I dread the day she goes.

Thanks everyone for the advice and I will keep you posted as to his progress.

Rancer

Okay... this is gross and disgusting, but sadly the reality in MY world. Sigh. I have a siamese mix that periodically yaks up dinner (apparently siamese are prone to do so). I also have two ginormous idiot boxer mixes. They LOVE to clean up cat puke.
sickbyc.gif
It is a battle to make sure I get to it before they do (same deal on the litter boxes, which gets a double
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
).

Soooooo... keep the cat and get a dog with an adventurous sense of taste.
tongue.png

Quote:
This sounds like a great idea. I've never heard of it before. The OP did mention that there were 2 other cats. Sometimes cats will groom themselves and their friends and this is how they end up with hairballs and intestinal obstructions. Hopefully, between the oil and the juice your kitty will be good as new.

Quote:
Well it just so happens I have a can sitting on the counter. How do I get them too drink it? Put it in the water or just give it to them straight?

I suppose with all these remedies I should be good.

Sonew what took you so long? I thought you were my friend?
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom