"Before you know it, it'll be Christmas"...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickenmaven, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    "Before you know it, it'll be Christmas"...
    That is what they said on the radio this afternoon.

Hellooooo! I have a calendar. I am absolutely positive that it will not sneak up on me. [​IMG]

I hate how the merchants try to trick us into going into a frenzied spending panic.

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I see more Christmas decorations up in the stores than I do Fall and Thanksgiving. I don't have my Halloween tubs put up yet!!!

3. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Quote:Um,they aren't trying to trick us into "a frenzied spending panic".There's 37 days left until Christmas.

4. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:Um,they aren't trying to trick us into "a frenzied spending panic".There's 37 days left until Christmas.

Exactly. While many stores try to get you to spend a lot of money, sometimes they are telling the truth. It's almost 25 days until Christmas (less than two weeks I think... about 12 days, and then they will start the "25 Days 'Til Christmas" countdown. It's really not as far away as you may think. [​IMG]

5. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    I already have my christmas tree up! [​IMG]

6. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:I wish I did! But my mom saws it's too early...well, it kinda is, but I don't care! I love the Christmas festive feeling that only comes once a year. If it were me, by now I would have the tree up and some decorations. [​IMG]

I have been listening to Christmas music on iTunes since Halloween ended. I never get tired of it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Merry Christmas!!!!!

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

If you notice, every year, they start to put up Christmas decorations earlier and earlier! [​IMG] What about Thanksgiving?? I love that holiday, and they seem to just kinda forget about it. [​IMG]

8. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009

Holy. No way! *checks calendar* WAY!! *runs around in a frenzied panic*

9. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Yay!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Every year I swear I will get my shopping done before Thanksgiving. Every year, I'm wrapping presents and boxing them to ship out to relatives at the last minute, and then wrapping all the kid's stuff the day before Christmas Eve.

I'm only halfway there, and only a week to finally make good on my shopping deadline.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by