beginner with pheasants

windnleavesfarm

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 13, 2013
central new york
What? And where?
What are some basic things that I should know about pheasants? I know nothing at all so all is needed.
Where can we keep pheasants and where can I get chicks from? My local feed stores don't sell them anymore.
sad.png

What breed should I get?

I need something for my father we live in new York where summers are hot and winters are cold! do they need a big run like chickens? I also have turkeys, ducks, and chickens.

There are lots of breeders in N.Y.I wouldn't bother with the feed store chicks as your only gonna get ringnecks,unless that's what you want.
In N.H.,Tony.

I live in Cortland, NY, but do not have many pheasants. There is a pheasant breeder near me with a variety of pheasants. Ruffed pheasants are good for beginners, but the issue with them is purity...

I live in Cortland, NY, but do not have many pheasants. There is a pheasant breeder near me with a variety of pheasants. Ruffed pheasants are good for beginners, but the issue with them is purity...

Red golden,yellow golden,reeves,silvers and Amherst are good starter birds.And yes purity is a huge issue.
In N.H.,Tony.

What is purity?

I lived in NY over 40 years, I used to belong to a club, google western new york pheasant and waterfowl should be able to get a contact number to the club and join the club they have a few tailgates/swaps/shows and used to do a breeder directory.

I lived in NY over 40 years, I used to belong to a club, google western new york pheasant and waterfowl should be able to get a contact number to the club and join the club they have a few tailgates/swaps/shows and used to do a breeder directory.
I go to their auction that they have twice a year. I like that auction and have gotten nice birds from there!

Back
Top Bottom