Beginner's Hatch-A-Long

It's really stressful, especially when you have 20 three and four year olds hoping for baby chicks in three weeks! All you can do is your best though, right? Good luck!

Hi everyone- Not sure if this is the right place to post this but where is a good place to get fertilized eggs?

Hi everyone- Not sure if this is the right place to post this but where is a good place to get fertilized eggs?
If you can find someone local that would be best. If there is no one local there are lots of people selling hatching eggs here in the buy, sell, trade forum. There are rules to that forum so be sure to read them first.

I start my second hatch tomorrow. My first one was entirely unsuccessful, which the class took really well. Now I'm doing it with my daughter's preschool. Wish me luck!

This is an update. Of the 9 eggs I gave a friend to hatch, 3 turned out to be infertile, one began but failed a few days later it seems a big EE and another failed to successfully get out of their shells and the three small pullet black Maran eggs all hatched tiny but very healthy chicks who are doing well. I got 3 more 2 day olds at the feed store yesterday to keep them company and the little buggers went after the eyes of the new ones, because it was black eyes against yellow feathers. I had to guard them until they accepted them. While they were incubating I collected another 30 eggs and now I am incubating them. I can't wait to candle them! I know I'm crazy to be making babies in the winter! : )
I hope you all have a good hatch!

Good luck!
I can't wait to start incubating, but I'm going to have to wait until spring. I have several prospects lined up for eggs. Is it March yet???
I know, right! You decide on all the breeds and what to do and then you're like, "wow, I still have four months!"

It's really stressful, especially when you have 20 three and four year olds hoping for baby chicks in three weeks! All you can do is your best though, right? Good luck!
How did your hatch go? Any luck this time??
fl.gif

Yup, once you realize you've done your best you just have to sit back and wait (and check the humidity, regulate the temperature, stress out, and etc.
smile.png
) How did your hatch go???

Back
Top Bottom