Crazy4Wyandottes

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2019
North Carolina
Really getting interested in showing some birds, but don't know where to begin and having trouble finding resources. I'm planning to attend the Forsyth Fanciers show in Winston-Salem, NC on March 23 (VERY SOON!). I know that attending the show will help me learn a lot, but I have my eye on some local "show quality" black Wyandotte bantams for sale. I'm eager to buy and show right away but don't want to be in over my head. Any advice or links? Do I really have to give a chicken a bath? :idunno

I've been showing for the last 3 years. I will say that while you don't have to, it is a very good idea to give your bird a bath prior to show. Or at least rinse them off with a damp washcloth and soap.

What kind of things do you want to know? I'm not an expert, but I may be of help.

I really love Wyandottes and I have a nice golden laced one that seems to be up to standard of perfection, but I haven't handled her at all and she is over 1.5 years old. I'd love to show Wyandottes but working on getting the stock. I'm raising some bantam chicks right now and I am handling them a few times a week but not daily. I'm told they are "Silver duck wing", which I know is a variety, but not sure what is the correct breed. The mother looked like an Old English bantam. I'd love to show bantams because they are small and easier to handle, transport, house ect... So I guess Bantam Wyandottes.

Back
Top Bottom