BEHAVIOR HELP!!!!!!!!

MamaHen8

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2016
Hi ya'll. So, recently, there are 2 chickens of mine that seem to be going at it like a cock fight. They flair up at each other and go towards other like they are going to fight. does this mean that both of them are cocks? or that one of them is and one of the other hens is trying to protect? please let me know!!! any help is much appreciated!!!
1f60a.png

Hi ya'll. So, recently, there are 2 chickens of mine that seem to be going at it like a cock fight. They flair up at each other and go towards other like they are going to fight. does this mean that both of them are cocks? or that one of them is and one of the other hens is trying to protect? please let me know!!! any help is much appreciated!!!
1f60a.png
How Old Are They

Pullets as well as cockerels will have differences of opinion as to who outranks the other. Most of the time, a brief skirmish settles the issue, but occasionally, neither one feels like giving in so you will see repeated skirmishes until one backs down and agrees that the other one can have the higher rank.

So, if you aren't sure about the sex of these brawlers, they could be two pullets fighting for rank or two cockerels. Both sexes fight with flared hackle feathers, and even claws.

Pullets as well as cockerels will have differences of opinion as to who outranks the other. Most of the time, a brief skirmish settles the issue, but occasionally, neither one feels like giving in so you will see repeated skirmishes until one backs down and agrees that the other one can have the higher rank.

So, if you aren't sure about the sex of these brawlers, they could be two pullets fighting for rank or two cockerels. Both sexes fight with flared hackle feathers, and even claws.

Oh okay. That makes sense. I kind of have a feeling one maybe 2 of then our of the 5 are males, but even at 6 wks, i'm still having the hardest time finding out if there males or females. and I posted on here about it once, but the people that replied said they were breeds I didn't have. So my chickens must be a mystery lol! Thank you so much for your help!!

Back
Top Bottom